Bhutan has sole international airport situated in the depth of the Paro valley. There are two airlines operating in Bhutan, one is government-owned – Druk Air, the national carrier of Bhutan and a private airlines – Bhutan Airlines. There are also domestic flights from Paro to Bumthang in Central Bhutan and to Yongphula, Gelephu, which is suitated in eastern Bhutan.
For your flight, you can decide to buy the tickets yourself or we can book them for you, and this service is free of charge. If we book the ticket for you, we will receive notifications of any changes and inform you as soon as possible.
Druk Air provides daily flights to Paro from Bangkok; from Kolkata, Delhi, Kathmandu five or six times a week and from Singapore, Dhaka, Bagdogra, Guwahati are thrice a week. They also have flight to Gaya once a week on Thursday, however, this is only available in the winter.
Photo credit: Druk Air
Bhutan Airlines also has the flights to from Bangkok to Paro every day; from Delhi, Kathmand, Kolkata thrice a week and from Gaya twice a week.
For international flights, you may need to arrange them on your own to get to your point of departure for Bhutan. The flight time can change quite often depending on the weather, so we advise you not to book your international tickets on restriction and allow the transit time between your flights up to 6 hours.
Baggage allowance of Druk Air is 40 kg for Business Class and Economy Class for 30 kg. Bhutan Airlines allows for Business Class 40 kg and for Economic Class 30 kg.
Flight Timing of Druk Air:
- Bangkok – Paro: 3,5 hours to 4 hours with stopover.
- Kolkata – Paro: 1 hour 15 minutes or 50 minutes.
- Delhi – Paro: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Kathmandhu – Paro: 55 minutes
- Singapore – Paro: 5 hours 45 minutes with stopover.
- Dhaka – Paro: 50 minutes
- Bagdogra – Paro: 30 minutes
- Guwahati – Paro: 50 minutes
- Gaya – Paro: 45 minutes
Flight timing of Bhutan Airlines:
- Bangkok – Paro: 4 hours 25 minutes without stopover
- Kolkata – Paro:2 hours 10 minutes
- Delhi – Paro: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Kathmandu – Paro: 1 hour
- Gaya – Paro: 45 minutes
Cancellation term of Druk Air:
- 90% refund for tickets cancelled 30 days or more before the date of travel.
- 75% refund for tickets cancelled from 10-29 days from the date of travel.
- 50% refund for the tickets cancelled from 04-09 days before the date of travel.
- No refund for tickets cancelled 03 days or less before the date of travel.
More travel plans
Tips For Plannning A Trip To Bhutan
Best Time To Visit Bhutan
Bhutan Festival Dates 2018
Dos and Don’ts In Bhutan
National Parks Protected Areas In Bhutan
5 Star Hotels And Resorts In Bhutan